Friday, September 18, 2020

Grateful

Thanks for stopping by this blog!  I plan to blog every now and then to provide updates on thoughts about Chadron Public Schools and other topics on my mind..  

I have just started my 12th week with Chadron Public Schools.  This summer has been a blur.  To be honest, this has been one of the toughest years I have experienced as an educator.  

We have enjoyed the transition to Chadron.  This year we are a two household family, as my husband had to stay in his current position for the 20-21 school year.  He has already been burning up the roads coming back and forth.  We will miss Scribner-Snyder and the life-long friends we made there. 

I have really enjoyed getting to make connections with people all over Chadron.  It's been awesome to meet so many people that are so proud of Chadron Public Schools.  This is rightfully so.  I have been impressed with the people I get to work with each day.  We have a lot of talented, passionate and dedicated staff. 

Chadron is a special place.  It's an honor to be here.  The tradition and reputation of this place is inspiring.  I get to continue to live my dream of working with kids and providing a superior education in a rural setting.  Few things about me:

I was born and raised in Broken Bow, Nebraska.

I attended McCook Community College, UNL, and Wayne State at various stages of my education.

I want to earn trust and develop positive relationships with students, staff, parents, and patrons through communication, visibility, accessibility, and attention to detail.

We have two children Nia and Tobin.  Students at the High School and Middle School respectively.

I have been married to Deron for 20 years this fall.

I began my career as a 5th and 6th grade teacher and high school volleyball and basketball coach at Battle Creek, Nebraska.

Throughout my career, I have served as a teacher, coach, curriculum and assessment director, poverty coordinator, ESL coordinator, and superintendent

This is my 27th year as an educator and tenth year as a superintendent.

I am competitive.

I put family first in my tenants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

School Improvement Visit

Chadron Public Schools participated in an Accreditation Engagement Review in November 2023. Overall the review was very positive and highlig...